One of my best memories of childhood is to celebrate New Year eve with friends and family at home, we have never ever visited or booked a special party hosted by many of the hotels, pubs, and restaurants.
The best part of celebrating at home is to dressed in pajamas and dance and eat like no one is watching.
We lived in an apartment where all the colony kids organize and hosted the party in the terrace; to relive those memories I am sharing some of the ideas that can help you in celebrating New Year eve at home especially if you are a new mom or a toddler’s mom.
- Create a warm ambiance with a bonfire in the middle and chairs around it to stay connected with each other during the party.
- If you are planning a party at terrace decorate it with the New Year banner and balloons on the floor.
- Arrange a buffet system at one corner.
- Set candle and flower arrangement in the tables to create warm vibes.
- Make full use of fairy lights in the terrace wall, for a backdrop, around the tables wherever you think something is missing.
- Bring your own food: divide the dishes among each house in this way no one will be loaded with whole responsibility of food and you’ll get the variety too.
- If you have a baking specialist in your colony give him/her responsibility of preparing the cake if not can be bought from the bakery.
- For beverages, the easiest recipe is to prepare a lemonade or to serve a cold drink.
- For snacks popcorns, chips, mini samosas or fruit chat can be served.
- In dessert ice cream or any Indian sweet can be served.
Plan a game that can be enjoyed by both adults and kids don’t make it complicated to understand the game for anyone.
- A classic game like musical chair, dumb charade antakshari, and dart can be easy to manage and fun in playing too.
Each and everyone’s music taste is different so don’t go for what you like, when we plan a new year party our music is the new year special radio choose your favorite station and bring it on songs with a surprise and have fun.
Have fun and enjoy your New Year eve and do let me know if you have any queries.
Happy New Year.