Thandai is definitely an intoxicating drink popular in northern part of India during Maha shivratri and Holi . Embedded with a tradition of Holi this health drink (without bhang) will give you a kick-start from a tiring color playing and set your mood to start it all over again.
As prepared from a mix of nuts with milk this health drink will keep you cool even during summer and definitely a good for your children (without bhang )
Here I am sharing how you can make your own Thandai without Bhang and can be enjoyed from younger to older one this Holi
– 1/2 lt milk
– 1/2 cup of sugar
– 20-25 soak overnight Almond
– 10-15 soak overnight Cashew nuts
– 1/4th cup of soak overnight Pista
– 1/4 cup dried rose petal (optional)
– 1/4th cup of Melon Seeds
– Soak overnight Fennel seeds
– 3 tbsp Poppy Seeds ( Khas Khas )
– 1 tbsp Black pepper ,Cardamom ,Cinnamon
Serving -2 to 3 glasses
– Bring milk to a boil and add sugar in it
– Add saffron strands to it and mix well
– In a mixer grind together almond, cashew nuts, pistachios, melon seeds, Fennel seeds, poppy seeds (khas khas),cardamom & cinnamon can add milk or water to adjust the consistency of a paste
– Mix the grind mixture with kesar milk
– Turn on the flame and boil the mixture for a minute then turn off the flame and add some cinnamon powder and rose-water in it.
– Let it cool for 10-15 minutes
– pour thandai with ice-cube in a glass
– Garnish the Thandai with pista, elaichi powder & kesar.
Tip : you can grind nuts without soaking them overnight and can use it as thandai powder which can be store in refrigerator for 2-3 months .