These little chocolate wonders are the ingredient used in many desserts and taste good in any way you can top it up with literary any dessert whether it’s a pancake, muffins, cupcakes, cookies, cakes etc.
They are available in numerous shape and size and are available in most of the grocery stores, these little wonders are invented in 1937 when Ruth Graves Wakefield added chunks of semi-sweet Nestle chocolate bar in a cookie recipe.
Later, the cookies become so famous that Ruth came up with an agreement with Nestle in 1939 to add her recipe in chocolate bar packaging and in exchange nestle will supply a lifetime chocolate to her.
Later, in 1941 Nestle started to sell chocolate in chips form. Back then they are made up of semi-sweet chocolate but, today they are available in a number of forms from dark to white chocolate version.
Chocolate chips are also been used in a melted form in many recipes as they are easy to melt than a whole chocolate bar, their best temperature to melt is 40-45 degree Celsius it has to be in this limit otherwise the cocoa in them will start burning and will give a burning taste.
With the increase in a baking market from home, you can easily find chocolate chips in any baking supply shop.
Here is the recipe for eggless chocolate chip cake you can give it a try at your home.
What you need:
- 1 ½ cup of all-purpose flour.
- 5 tsp of cocoa powder.
- 1 ½ Tsp of baking powder.
- 1 Tsp of baking soda.
- ¾ cup of mashed banana.
- 1 cup of yogurt.
- ½ cup of butter.
- ¾ cup of sugar.
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- 1 ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Grease your bowl and line it with parchment paper.
- In another bowl sieve all your dry ingredient like 1 ½ cup of all-purpose flour,5 Tsp of cocoa powder,1 ½ Tsp of baking powder and1 tsp of baking soda.mix well and set aside.
- Mash the fully ripe banana this will be an alternative to your eggs and filter it puree. And measure ¾ cup from it.
- To the mashed banana puree add 1 cup of yogurt,½ cup of butter,¾ cup of sugar and 2 Tsp of vanilla extract.
- Pour the sieved dry mixture into wet mixture batch wise and fold it with moderate pressure add chocolate chips gradually, make sure not to over mix the mixture otherwise your cake will not come out fluffy.
- After mixing pour the mixture into a greased bowl, dab the pan on counter top for 2 times.
- Set your microwave at highest power and microwave it for 8-10 minutes make sure to check in between by inserting a toothpick if your toothpick comes out clean that’s the indication that your cake is done.
- Allow it to cool down and enjoy your homemade chocolate chip cake.
Do let me know how it turns out in the comment section below, Enjoy warm chocolate chip cookies in this chilling weather.