One of my childhood memories of eid is the sevai kheer, we always use to visit in our neighborhood at my friend ekra’s house to dig our mouth in delicious kheer that her Ammi use to make with all the love especially for meethi (sweet) eid.
But after her father got transfer we always miss sweet sevaiya made by her Ammi on Eid, that when my mom came up with her version and trust me it is the best when mom makes the food for you.
As, this is my daughter’s first Eid I decided to recreate that moment and make sevaiya, although she is only 3 and a half month old instead her mom and dad will enjoy it with all of you loving readers.
Here’s my mom’s recipe of must-have sevaiya kheer on Eid.
What all you need:
- 2 liters of milk.
- 8 tsp of sugar.
- Pinch of cardamom powder.
- 1/3 cup sevai ( vermicelli)
- 1 tbsp raisins.
- 1 tsp chopped cashew.
- 1 tsp chopped almonds.
- 2-3 strands of Kesar.
- In a pan boil milk and sugar in low flame until it becomes half in quantity or pinkish brown in color.
- Add cardamom powder and vermicelli when milk becomes half in quantity.
- After one boil switch off the flame and add cashew, almond, and raisins in it.
- Garnish it with Kesar strands.
- And that’s it your sevai kheer is ready.
Note: tastes best when kept in a refrigerator for 1-2 hours.