Exercising during pregnancy is always being daunting especially in an Indian culture where pregnant women get a way lot of pampering that she faces a difficulty in having a normal delivery because of all the comfort and no Exercising but, it is recommended only when your doctor recommends it.
Most of the women are terrified of doing it due to complication or premature labor but studies show coping up with light exercise will help you in having a normal pregnancy.
Keeping up your body active will help you post delivery as your stamina will be maintained and will keep you in good shape too.
Before starting up:
- First and foremost is to consult with your doctor before starting with any kind of physical activity. If it’s a yes from your doctor go ahead with lite exercises like stretching, walking, yoga, pelvic stretch, and swimming.
- Wear comfortable clothes during exercising a good sports bra, tank top, and legging which are not too tight.
- If you couldn’t find out the proper exercise during pregnancy take help for an expert advice there are so many courses up in the market or sometimes hospital also offers such facilities so go ahead and take advantage of it.
- If you are on a budget and can’t afford such type of classes make youtube your best friend there are tons of video related to pregnancy exercise.
The benefit of exercising:
- Helps in maintaining weight.
- Increase the chances of normal delivery.
- Reduces the risk of gestational diabetes.
- Helps in postpartum recovery.
- Shorter labor time.
- Helps with constipation.
- Don’t attempt any physical activity if you have hypertension or heart disease.
- If you are carrying low and have a weak cervix.
- Avoid lying on your back and exercise related to it.
- Don’t stress too much listen to your body and stops when you can’t do it.
- Do not dehydrate your body; take a regular water break in between.
- Do not hold your breath while exercising.
- Don’t do jumping and heavy lifting exercising.
I hope this article will help you in having a normal delivery and will maintain your health and boost up your stamina throughout the pregnancy, and make sure to consult your doctor before ending up in any decision.
And do let me know in comment section if you have any doubt and share your thoughts too.